TERM 3 WEEK 8
As week 7 ended with another successful social play run on Sunday and circle run by Cameron and Ollie, week 8 had a lot to live up to.
Without fail Wednesday’s social play saw classics including bluff, waves and around the world prepare members for big night ahead. With the continuous lovely weather, it is always a good idea to head down at 1:30-3:30 on Wednesday and 2:30-4 on Sunday!
The first of the week 8 circles was very entertaining to say the least. With the oldest of the slams only a few weeks away, almost 60 brave souls followed tradition with an all-white circle! With Battle out due to exams, Ronak kindly stepped in to help run circle. The rowdy corner certainly living up to their name, newcomers certainly lacking any pint form and freshers, well they might as well have been the newcomers. Despite the large circle, chants continued to be loud and we even welcomed Hornsey for the last quarter. Not forgetting the last-minute addition of real strawberries and cream. Can always rely on Rootes’ overpriced goods J.
With little recovery time, Skool Dayz was upon us on Saturday. We gladly welcomed household names that include: Jacko, V and Ivan. A decent beginning with 20+1 lead to the ultimate maths test: odd numbers are doubled and even numbers are halved. We also saw new rules, from stating that every pint an old boy did had to be a double whack, to Ivan and Jonesey doing a shoe pint race (with both Ivan’s shoes), there was little disappointment.
Once again, with social play on Sunday, many were able to cure hangovers with some tennis!
Here comes the plug from Warwick Tennis FC. The team, with the new Captains Ed Lennon and Tommy Highwood, has been putting in a lot of hard work in the last three games. Here come the Highlights, with us situated in the middle of the table and having 4 points after 3 games.
Game 1 vs LaFrench – Result: 1-4
1. Playing with 10 against 11 most of the time after some doggy knees, a big fight with passion
2. An old boy (wearing yellow for the fans or the flys?) stepping in as keeper + showed some nice saves 3. The BFG equalizing with a header after a lovely cross from Connor.
Game 2 vs Politics Society FC – Result: 4:0
1. Gilberto putting the team 1-0 up from the spot
2. Three more goals, with a header from Rahul to point out
3. First win of the term, let’s go lads!
Game 3 vs Math’s/Stats FC – Result: 1-1
1. With some new faces in the team, the keeper was outstanding (Saves > 11) 2. Ed scoring from 16 yards out with a volley (some say England may not score a better goal at the WC)
3. Three lost, but loyal, fans cheering us on
That’s it, pretty sure some more good results will start coming in the next couple of weeks and do not forget next year all abilities are welcome to join and enjoy playing for the team.
See you Wednesday,